Friday, November 29, 2013

Choosing Gratitude Day 19


Day 19


Romans 1:81 Corinthians 1:4Ephesians 1:15–16Philippians 1:3–4;Colossians 1:3–41 Thessalonians 1:2–32 Thessalonians 1:3


When you read Paul’s New Testament 

letters, you can’t help but notice he 

was thankful for others. Paul didn’t just 

leave it at generalized expressions of 

gratitude—he often took time to 

identify specific individuals for whom 

he was grateful and to let them know 

how much he appreciated their 

contribution to his life and ministry.

People matter to God. And they should 

matter to us. It’s important to take 

time to recognize and express 

appreciation for the contributions that 

even little-known people make to His 

kingdom and to our lives. 


Today, make a list of individuals who 

have blessed or touched your life in 

some way. Ask yourself, “Have I ever 

thanked this person for the way God 

has used him/her in my life?” Put a 

checkmark next to each individual to 

whom you have expressed gratitude.


Then begin the process of catching up 

on your “gratitude accounts.” Don’t try 

to tackle the whole list at once. Pick 

one for starters. In the next twenty-

four hours, find a way to express your 

gratitude for that person’s influence 

and impact in your life. Then move to 

the next one … and the next.


That's a great idea! I have many people in my life I'm thankful for. I know some of them I have verbalized my thanks, but I think most I probably haven't. Just because we appreciate and are thankful for them, doesn't mean we have said it out loud and that they KNOW.

Who are YOU thankful for today?

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!! I know I did! I am so thankful and enjoyed spending time my my 3 year old daughter prepping Wed. night, it was a lot of fun. Yesterday I spend the day cooking/baking with my little sister and my girls joined us. I had some good laughs with my husband as we tried to fix the turkey (my mom didn't cover it properly and it wasn't in a big enough pan).

What did you do?



For HIS Glory,




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...