Friday, November 22, 2013

Choosing Gratitude Day 15






Day 15


Psalm 50:14–1523



Plenty of occasions exist in life where 

being thankful is the last thing you feel 

like doing, where nothing seems good 

or gratitude-worthy.


Today, I’d like you to make a list of all 

the difficult things in your life. Spell 

them out, as detailed as you want. 

Then use this list as a prompt for 

giving thanks. That may seem strange—

or impossible! We’re not expected to 

thank God “for” things that are sinful. 

But we can give thanks “in everything,” 

knowing that God is still God and He 

uses all things in this fallen world to 

accomplish His purposes.


Begin to track the ways that God is 

using these circumstances in your life. 

Perhaps they’re causing you to become 

more dependent on Him, or to call upon 

Him in prayer, or to exercise faith in 

His promises. When we call upon our 

Lord “in the day of trouble” (Psalm 

50:15), with minds set on glorifying 

Him, He does marvelous things in the 

midst of our pain and sorrow. Thank 

Him by faith that He can use each of 

these situations as a means to display 

His glory.


I don't know why, but reviewing this reminded me to pray for my husband. This post "hit close to the heart" for me personally, but going over it again, I thought..."I need to get pass the hurt and get back into praying for him!"

Living at my parents can be really difficult on so many levels!!! But I can be thankful for the chance to grow in my faith and to use this time to teach and be an example for our kids!


And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Jeremiah 18:4


I REALLY don't like going through this hard time and dealing with consequences of sinful choices, yet I am thankful that God loves me enough to "prune" and mold me! Get I get an amen!?! *wink*



“Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;fn and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." John 15:2

What are some ways you are thankful for the difficult and perhaps painful circumstances in your life?


For HIS Glory,




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...