Friday, May 31, 2013

Fear and it's Buddies Part 3


In case you missed it, we talked about fear and it's buddies, then we took a closer look at those buddies. Now we are applying scripture to fear. 

Are you struggling with fear right now?

Hear are two great questions to ask yourself:

  1. Are you trusting God right now?
  2. Has God left you alone in this situation?

    If you're honest with yourself, the answer is no for both. It's not easy, trust me, I KNOW!! *smile* Like I said before my struggles with fear/worry is like a roller coaster ride. But when we fear, ultimately we are NOT trusting God, plain and simple. 
     Also the situation may not be easy but God has NOT left you alone. I can't think about what if my husband doesn't get a job up here soon. I don't have the strength for the alternatives at this time. Just like I can't think about where is the money going to come from to pay our bills. It does nothing but cause me anxiety. Remember: Matt.6:25, "Therefore do not worry, saying, "what shall we eat? or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'"  Matt 6:31, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day [is] its own trouble."Matt.6:34, and  Luke 12:22, just to name a few. I have to keep my eyes focused on God and trust that He will keep His promise to provide for us. I don't say these things lightly, it's hard, REALLY hard!

Let's look at some scripture:

Fear robs us of faith, Jesus said it Himself;

But He said to them, " Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?" Matt.8:26

     I love the following verse! God gave it to me while I was on bed rest with Josiah while in the hospital. At one point I became unstable and I was afraid I was going to lose him. I asked God to have mercy and save our son, but I also acknowledge that he is God's child and I would "understand" if He took him home. The fear would rise up and I would lay our son's life at the foot of the cross and "the peace of God" would wash over me. It was like nothing I had experienced. 




     Once again the other day when I cried out to God over being fearful, "the peace of God" washed over me. Both times the trials were still there and I could have chosen to dwell and be afraid. But I didn't! I chose to submit to God's authority and acknowledge I am not in control, He is and whatever his will is, it is PERFECT! We need to remember He says to be anxious for what?! NOTHING!! (easier said then done *wink*) In EVERYTHING come to to God in prayer and supplication, but with THANKSGIVING.


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

It alienates the truth. God tells us to meditate on what is true. So if fear removes truth, then we should not meditate on our fears.

Finally brethren, whatever things are true....meditate on these things. Phil. 4:8

It victimizes the person. Remember God does NOT give us a spirit of fear (that is straight from Satan)!

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7




It robs your memory. What do we need to remember? 

  1. NOT to fear!
  2. NOT to be dismayed.
  3. Cast any and all fears upon Him. Lay them at the feet of the cross.
  4. God is ALWAYS, ALWAYS with us!!!
  5. He will ALWAYS be our God.
  6. That He will help and strengthen us because He cares for us.


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7




     No I haven't conquered fear unfortunately. Today once again, I am struggling with it! It's the end of the month and very little money has come in, I can see my husband struggling and that breaks my heart and also leads to fear. Once again I have to stop, repent, ask God to remove my fears, and meditate on His truths! I just want you to know that you are not alone and that we have to stay focused on Christ (I am so blessed that He met me among my fears the other week). 

There are more verses then just the ones I posted. Are there any verses in particular that help you with fear, worry, anxiety? I would love for you to share them!!

For His Glory,






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...