Thursday, November 21, 2013

Choosing Gratitude Day 14




Day 14


Psalm 56



Psalm 56 is a hymn of praise and trust, 

of confidence and strength, of worship 

and gratitude. This particular one was 

written in far less than ideal 

circumstances, however. David was on 

the run from King Saul, and when 

spotted and seized by the Philistines in 

the city of Gath, he faked insanity to 

avoid being detained.


Yet in the midst of intense, frightening 

hardship, he submitted himself to the 

Lord’s protection, and found within this 

relationship the ability to say, “When I 

am afraid, I trust in you…. What can 

flesh do to me?” (v. 3–4). He didn’t 

deny the reality of what was happening 

to him, but he found reason to be 

grateful even for his sorrows.


Perhaps it’s hard for you to find much 

to be thankful for today. Look above 

your circumstances, beyond your fears, 

and ask God to show you what He’s 

doing in the midst of them. Then look 

back through your list of blessings and 

benefits, adding any new ones that 

come to mind. Focus on the ones that 

give you the most comfort in crisis.


Wow, wow! Today's challenge really "hit home" for me. I love studying David because he was so human! God chose him to be king, though he still sinned and made some huge mistakes, he even struggled with being depressed at times, but we are told he was a man after God's own heart. I want to be like that!!

I want to be grateful even for my sorrows.

I want to remember to look to Christ beyond my fears...beyond my doubts...beyond my hurt...beyond my circumstances, to TRUST Him and to ask HIM what HE'S DOING midst them.

I am thankful we have a safe place to live. It's not perfect and I could list my desires, but Christ has provided us a safe place to live. That I am truly thankful for. *smile*

What are some struggles and blessings you are going through right now? How can I pray for you?




For His Glory,




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...