Monday, August 19, 2013

Choosing Gratitude Intro


Tomorrow we will be starting our 30 Day Challenge on Gratitude.

We all face trials in our lives, some may be considered small and others big. But when you are going through those trials they are still difficult and a trial to that person.

BUT...we must remember that God instructs us (on more then one occasion) to be joyful/to find joy DURING those trials.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.-James 1:2


One of my sister in-law's oldest son has a nut allergy. She and I were talking about his nut allergy during our stay in MS, and she was sharing how difficult and scary it can be. But then she said something I haven't been able to get out of my mind...it's a concept I know and understand...but tend to forget. She said,


She gives God the glory and find JOY (yes, that's right JOY) in him having a peanut allergy. Because it draws her closer to Christ. She is "forced" to rely on Him more/alone.
WOW!! I want to be able to give God the glory and have joy through this trial! I have lost my joy. I struggle with self pity, instead of drawing closer and completely relying on Him! 

As a reminder you can buy Nancy's book Choosing Gratitude or you can just follow/join in with the post.



I have been trying to decide if I want to do a Mon/Wed/Fri with the days in between to reflect/do homework. Or do Mon-Fri with the weekends for catch up. I think i will do the later, since that is closer to an actual 30 day schedule. *wink*

Do you have a preference  Are you going to join me in the challenge? If so are you going to read the book? 

I'm excited!! A little nervous too, since I am also starting my new quite time routine  though I think they go hand in hand. 


For HIS Glory,




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...