Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Choosing Gratitude Day 6



Day 6

Romans 11:33–36


 Robertson McQuilkin, former president of Columbia International University, 
tells of a time when, following his wife’s diagnosis with Alzheimer’s and the 
death of his eldest son, he retreated alone to a mountain hideaway, trying to 
reorient his heart and recapture a love for God that had slowly evaporated in 
the heat of personal, tragic loss.

After a day devoted to prayer and fasting, he began writing God a love letter, 
enumerating the gifts he had received from the Lord’s hand. He identified ten 
particular blessings from God that just absolutely exceeded his imagination, things he could hardly find words to express how invaluable they were, how impossible life would be without them.

I encourage you to flip back through the lists you’ve been making and choose a top ten—spiritual blessings that are so big, you could never generate enough gratitude to express what they mean to you and what they tell you about your Savior.

The next time your mind is troubled by sad or worrisome thoughts, pull out your top ten and consciously transfer your focus from whatever is weighing you down, and start giving thanks for the things on your list.


I don't about you, but this list is taking me a while. Mainly because I am getting detailed in my answers, so if i look back on it I will Lord willing, fully remember. I'm excited about this list though. It has helped keep me focus on Christ and what He has done in my life.

What about you, how is your list coming along? I would love to hear some of your blessings!

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Ahem. - Psalm 11:36


For His glory,




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...