Monday, January 28, 2013

Where Does my Hope Come From



     My husband had an interview about a week ago. It's amazing how much hope an interview can bring! It definitely put a "bounce" back into my husband's step for a few days. We are still waiting to hear from the company. They said they'd give him an answer within two weeks.

     I find this waiting period to be the hardest. You get hope and start to daydream, then if he doesn't get the job it's hard not to question. I personally struggle with "sinking" lower emotionally for a while after. I pray that he gets the job! If not that the Lord will provide him with another good paying job.

     Then I feel guilty for questioning and struggling emotionally. Who am I to question?!? Is my faith so little that I sink emotionally??

     Am I putting too much thought and hope into the possibility of  a job for my husband and not enough hope in God? It makes you stop and honestly think. You question your heart and motives.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?" -Jeremiah 17:9
     Our heart are deceitful and desperately wicked! So I can I know for sure? How can I remember to keep my eyes and focus on the Lord, not on the situation?

     By meditating on scripture daily!!! By calling a mentor when I struggle for prayer and advice as to how she deals with the same situation. Then pray, pray, PRAY!! Meditate on scripture some more.

     It's not easy! I'm scared and frustrated. But I want to remember to put my hope in Christ alone, not in man or an earthly job!


What about you, where does your hope come from? Is there anything you are struggling with right now?


For His Glory,    


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...