Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sore Throat Remedies




      Winter is upon us,so is cold and flu season. Which means sore throats. Augh! Or perhaps 

you are like me and when you get run down you get a sore throat. Not fun! I could deal with 

being tired, but the sore throat just makes me cranky. :(





Vinegar.
      There are several all natural, cheap at home remedy you can do. I like to either gargle    

with warm water and salt. And/or drink fresh lemon tea. I squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a mug, 

add boiling water, then honey to taste. You should do both about every 2 hours.

     Cayenne pepper is also a great remedy for sore throats. Though I have not been brave  

enough to try. You can gargle or even swallow, cayenne pepper with water. I heard it works 

GREAT in sore throats.





     Another at home remedy you can do to relieve your sore throat is mix a glass of hot water 

with a tablespoon or more of honey and wait for it...vinegar. Yuck! But it works awesome!! I 

would prefer this to cayenne pepper. I just don't do hot things.

     Vinegar acts as an astringent, which clears secretions and it restore your pH balance. It 

helps stop bacteria growth. Honey is an anti-inflammatory. You could also just eat a spoon of 

honey to help coat and heal your throat.


What do you use on a sore throat? Do you have any other home remedies? I would love to 

hear what you do.

For His glory,



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...