Saturday, May 19, 2012

Zany Morning and God's Good Things



No Fuel, Cayman Brac


“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
How much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things
to those who ask Him!”
Matt. 7:11





The night before my son’s surgery, I’m sound asleep and all of a sudden I wake and notice it seems a little light out. That’s weird, I’m suppose to get up at 3:30, it should be still dark and the alarm hasn’t gone off….wait what time is it?! 4:47am!!!! I’m supposed to be on the road by 4:30am to get to the hospital on time!!


Talk about panic mode! Well, I had to stop for gas (yes, foolish me for not filling it up the night before) and was very stressed over it. I was hurriedly trying to put in $30 (exactly) in, all the while praying over the whole situation. At some random amount in the $20’s, I thought, “forget it! I don’t have time! This is enough to get me there.” Well turned to hang up the nozzle and much to my surprise (once again, how foolish of me to be surprised by God)…$30 EXACTLY had been put in!! I could just see God smiling at me, in the midst of my stress and questioning and gently reminding me that HE is HERE and that HE CARES!


I wish I could say that I calmed down and no longer fretted, but that’s not true. I was still worried we wouldn’t make it on time. I kept praying and asking God to not let us be more then 15 minutes late and well we got to the Pre-Op office at around  6:13am! *smile*


I am thankful for God’s “little” blessings! He never ceases to amaze me with the "good things" He gives and provides us with!


In what way has God blessed you? What "good thing" has He bestowed upon you?



 For His glory,



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...