Monday, December 9, 2013

Choosing Gratitude Day 28


Day 28


Philippians 1:3–11


If expressing gratitude is to become a 

way of life for us, we can’t treat it as 

an optional exercise. If it never gets 

beyond our wish list, if it nestles down 

with all the other nice things we hope 

to get around to someday, the 

“someday” of gratitude will never roll 

around on our calendars.


So I want to encourage you to think of 

gratitude as being a debt you owe, the 

same way you’re called upon to pay 

your monthly bills. Start a list 

designated as “Gratitude Accounts,” 

specific listings of individuals to whom 

you owe a debt of thanks. 


By doing this, you can make it a point 

today to make a phone call just to 

thank a friend for the way she’s shown 

her concern for you during a difficult 

time. When the Lord opens a window of 

opportunity for you to jot a quick thank-

you note this evening, you’ll have a 

ready-made list of people to choose 

from.


We all have gratitude accounts. There 

just aren’t many of us who keep them 

paid up. Make sure you’re becoming 

the type of person who stays current 

on your bill.


I do try hard to stays "current on my gratitude bill." I don't want to take anyone for granted! Thinking about it the most people I take for granted to my family.Why is it so easy to forget to show our own family members gratitude?!

My goal is to be more aware and "current on my bill" towards my family.

How are you with your gratitude accounts?




For His Glory,





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...