Monday, September 17, 2012

One Year Later

Josiah Benjamin! :)

I can't believe it, today is Josiah's first birthday!! We made it to one year!

For those of you who don't know, my pregnancy with Josiah was sketchy to say the least, there where time when we almost lost him. There where times when we could have lost him after he was born. So today is a day of celebration!

You see Josiah came rushing into this world at 24 weeks, 5 days! To translate, that is 3 1/2 months early!!

It is so crazy to think that on this day one year ago, I was lying in a hospital bed, not sure how much longer I would be there! Here is my hearts desire for him...


Dearest Josiah:

All the glory and thanks be to our loving and merciful God,
Today you turn one!
Your journey here on earth has not been easy
but the Lord has been our peace, joy, and strength .

God will save.
The Lord supports.
Jehovah has healed.

Are all meanings of your name, we did and do hang unto the meanings of your name.
We trusted that the Lord would save you and He did!

"Josiah was eight years old when he became king...
He did what was right in the sight of the Lord, and walked
in all the ways of his father David; he did not turn aside 
to the right hand or to the left." (2 Kings 22:1-2)

Your father and I pray the same for you my son! We pray that you will follow the Lord
all your life and never turn aside to the right or to the left.

"Now it happened, when the king heard the words of the Book of the Law,
that he tore his clothes... Thus says the Lord God of Israel: 
"because your heart was tender, and you humbled yourself before the Lord when you heard what I spoke against this place...you tore your clothes and wept before Me, I have also heard you," says the Lord. "You shall be gathered to your grave in peace." (2 Kings 22:11,18,20)

My son, may you also weep at the lawlessness of man in sin! 
May you humble yourself to the Word of God and follow it.
For if you do, you will be rewarded eternally.

"Now before him there was no king like him, who turned to the Lord with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; nor after him did any arise like him."  (2 Kings 23:25)

Josiah I pray that you live your life fully for God. That after you are no longer on this earth
people will remember you as someone who turned to God with all his heart, soul and strength. 
That all you do, will be for the glory of God!

I cannot wait to see the man you will become!
Your father, sisters and I love you "to the moon and back"!!!






This week I have dedicated to sharing Josiah's story as of yet. It has been a long road and it is not over yet. So let's rewind and start at the beginning...



For His glory,



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...