Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Time to Hold

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under the heaven:” Eccl 3:1


     I have that verse framed and hanging in my kitchen. I don’t know about you, but I need constant reminder, that there is a season for everything.

     The past two days I felt like I could pull my hair out! I couldn’t get anything done. My husband and eldest daughter are away and I am alone with two little ones. My 5 month old son, wouldn’t nap or be content for that matter! Well, that’s not true…when he’d nap it would be for about 20 minutes, then he’s cry and just want me to hold him.

     If I was lucky I could get him to be happy in his swing or perhaps watching the mobile above his crib. But, again it would only be for about 20 minutes then he would cry again!

     Agh! I needed to pump (he feeds through a tube), I was starving and just wanted to eat, and the thought of relaxing with a HOT cup of coffee was a dream!! *smile*

     Through talking to my husband God reminded me of that verse. As my husband so wisely reminded me, that Josiah just wanted his momma and before I know it, he will be grown and not wanting/needing to be held.

     It’s sad to think that my sweet baby boy will one day not be a baby any more. Only God knows if He will bless us with more babies. For all I know Josiah could be are last baby that I am blessed to rock and hold.

“A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;” Eccl 3:5

     With that reminder I held on to my baby boy a little tighter and longer. Through out the day, when I would look upon the messes or wish for some quite, I’d just tried to cheerfully remember that, “this too shall pass.” *smile*

     Remember that where ever you are in life that, God is right there beside you and that "this too shall pass."

Blessing,    

        ~Christen~

1 comment:

  1. Eccl 3:1 is one of my absolute favorite verses! Such a great post and reminder to slow down and enjoy this season because it will pass.
    Thank you!
    Chelsey
    http://alargehelpingoflife.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Your always encouraged to leave your kind and encouraging, thoughts and comments, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...