Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No-Mayo Ranch Recipe

If your like my family, you like ranch dressing. Perhaps you even LOVE ranch dressing. We love dipping cut up veggies in ranch dressing. My husband LOVES ranch dressing on most of his foods and is teaching our two year old to do the same. :)

My husband does NOT like store bought ranch dressing though. So I was going to ask my sister in-law for her recipe. BUT, my husband asked if I could possibly find a recipe that does not use mayonnaise. 

I have risen to the challenge and am happy to say that I have indeed found a ranch dressing recipe that does NOT use mayonnaise!  

I would like to share the recipe that I have found with all of you. Here it is:

No-Mayonnaise Ranch Dressing

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 1 cup low-fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1.       Place sour cream and buttermilk into a mixing bowl. Season with parsley, chives, garlic powder, dill, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.


Enjoy,

~Christen~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...